Monday, March 22, 2010

What happened, again....

Well, after my previous post on Thursday I got some rest and then basically laid around all day on Friday with my mom over here helping me. That night I got so sick. I was throwing up, had a headache, still couldn't breathe and just had a horrible night all together. I called the doc at 4am and then she called back to check on me at 8am and I almost forgot to tell her that I had a constant headache and before we hung up the phone, I did. She asked me to take my blood pressure and so after checking it, it was 174/104 which obviously that was NOT good. Joe took me BACK to the ER and I was admitted AGAIN!!! I was sent to ICU because they had to give me Magnesium to prevent seizures and then monitor my oxygen level. They will not let someone whose oxygen level is not stabalized be on the main floor, plus they can not administer Magnesium on the floor. Anyways, as crazy and horrible as it was to be away from Cash, Texas Womens Hospital is TOP NOTCH!!! Every single person I came in contact with was not only helpful, but over the top supportive and there to make every minute of my stay as comfortable as possible. They let my husband Joe stay with me the entire time, even overnight, and then they let my parents bring Cash to see me on Sunday. I am so thankful to them. So, after administering Lasix, my body flushed out all the fluids, which was the result of the Pulmonary Edema that was diagnosed. I also had Preeclampsia, which usually happens before labor, but in rare cases it can happen afterwards. The labor and delivery was so easy and amazing, but unfortunately my body was not getting rid of all the fluid so it backed up in my lungs. This was the most scared I have ever been in my entire life. I just wanted to be at home with my husband and my boys. I am still a little paranoid at every little odd feeling, but I am trying to just relax and spend time with my special little man, Cash. Thank you all for your prayers and your amazing support during this difficult time. I will post pictures when I feel more up to it!

No comments: